King Pie Franchise for Sale
Established in 1993, King Pie Franchises specialise in pies. King Pie South Africa is without a doubt the biggest and most successful pie franchise in the world.
The set up cost for a King Pie 2Go for a prospective investor is approximately R400 000-00 to R550 000-00 (vat excl.) depending on the size of the premises. 50% of the set-up cost must be available as unencumbered funds.
Reasons to join King Pie
- Relatively low set up cost compared to other QSR
- Market Leader in the Pie Fast Food Industry
- An ever extending product range for all income groups and appetites with a value-for-money product offering
- King Pie outlets are easier to operate compared to other brands
- Well established King Pie Training Academy to help you get started
- The Franchisor gives aid in Operations, Legal, Marketing, Training, Finance and R & D
- Support staff to assist across all disciplines
- Our 2Go outlet requires very little retail space. For example we can open a 2Go comfortably in premises of between 30 – 50 m². This is the ideal space filler for any landlord.
- The King Pie system and certainly the 2Go stores are one of the easiest and cleanest in the QSR industry as no production or assembly takes place in the outlet. The product arrives frozen and is then baked in the store on demand. Thus immediate, clean, simple and simply irresistible.
- The products sold by King Pie franchisees are manufactured at one centralised, state of the art facility. The products are distributed nationally (and internationally) by way of a dedicated distributor. All our products are baked form frozen, therefore ensuring excellent quality and freshness.
- Our professional team matches the potential franchisee, (which will have to undergo the necessary assessments in order to be considered as a franchise) to a site. Once the outlet is open (which is a turn-key operation) our franchisee can immediately serve the best products available in our industry.
- The franchisee will undergo intensive training before opening the new franchise. This includes a 5-day theoretical course at King Pie’s Head office and a 5-day practical course in a regional training centre.
King Pie Franchise Concepts
King Pie 2Go
Our King Pie 2Go outlets consist of beautiful contemporary interiors & exteriors, with warm pleasing colours. In some cases where space allows, seating areas enhance a vibrant ambiance.
The new brand image of the King Pie 2Go certainly displays finishes and design elements, which enhances the displaying, selling and distribution of our diverse selection of warm pies.
In fact our new look is world class and the new contemporary and updated look and feel exceeds the expectations of our new millennium, global customers. This is consistent with our belief that the pie, as a traditional way of life, should be more than a snack, but part of making it a meal as well as being enjoyed in pleasant and comfortable surroundings.
Great care is taken to maintain and enhance the face of our Brand, thus existing outlets are revamped on a regular basis and new outlets are expertly built to spec, to ensure the 2Go look and feel is maintained.
King Pie Express
The King Pie Express unit is a versatile option perfect for filling that gap in the market. The main advantages of the Express units are mobility, ease of set up and versatility.
They can be tailor-made for inside or outside locations. The versatility and flexibility of the Express unit allows the franchisee to open a King Pie Express where it is not possible to open a normal King Pie 2Go. For the Franchisor, it provides the opportunity to grow their brand footprint and brand awareness in new, unconventional places.
What is the cost of King Pie franchise
The set up cost for a King Pie 2Go for a prospective investor will be approximately R400 000-00 to R550 000-00 (vat excl.) depending on the size of the premises. 50% of the set-up cost must be available as unencumbered funds. The Balance may be financed.
King Pie Holdings however reserve the right to amend (in its discretion) the required minimum unencumbered cash to a lower percentage.
- Initial Joining Fee to Franchisee
- Site Preparation & Building works
- Shop Fitting
- Signage & Printing Media
- Baking Equipment
- Freezer & Refrigeration
- Automatic Ventless Deep Frying Machine
- King Pie Display Cabinet’s
- Shelving & Storage (Specified)
- General Equipment, Service & Statutory Fees
- Joining Fee for new Outlet by a new franchisee (Including Initial Fee/ Training/Contract Fee) = R54 000 (Excluding VAT)
- Joining fee for new Outlet by existing franchisee (Including Initial Fee/ Training/Contract Fee) = R47 000 (Excluding VAT)
- Joining Fee for existing Outlet, sold to new franchisee = R54 000 (Excluding VAT)
- Design Fee for new Outlet or revamp of existing Outlet = R12 000 (Excluding VAT)
- Relocation Fee = R18 000(Excluding VAT)
- Starting Royalty for new Outlet = R4 300 (Excluding VAT)
What training do you receive?
The training consists of 5 days training: 2 days theoretical (classroom) training and 3 days practical (hands on) in store training. It is also compulsory for staff to attend training well in advance to the opening of the store.
Who’s ideal for our Royal Family?
- Passionate, loyal, hands-on energetic operators
- Support the values of our brand
- Excellent customer service
- Team players
- Gillwell, East London, Eastern Cape
- Botshabelo (Upcoming), Bloemfontein, Free State
Should you know of a new development or premises available in your area, please supply us with the contact details of the developers or Landlord and we will follow it up and do the necessary negotiating on your behalf.