Ice cream lovers around the world have come to recognize the distinctive Häagen-Dazs™ brand logo as the icon of luxury ice cream at its best.
From the very beginning, uncompromising product quality has been central to the Häagen-Dazs™ experience, making the brand synonymous with the finest craftsmanship and best ingredients the world has to offer…
Set up costs range between R1,500,000.00 and R1,800,000.00 for a 90-110 square metre Classic Shop. Please note that set up costs are estimates based on foreign exchange rates (US Dollar & Euro) which may vary.
The creaminess of our ice cream is achieved by using only fresh cream. We also whip less air into our ice cream so that you get to enjoy the unique ‘melt in the mouth’ moments for which Häagen-Dazs™ is renowned. From its foundation until today, purity and authenticity are cherished by Häagen-Dazs™: We don’t add any artificial stabilizers, preservatives, flavourings or colourings.
We travel the world for the best ingredients: cream of the highest quality, fresh from the dairy, vanilla from Madagascar, chocolate from Belgium, and when the season allows, macadamia nuts from Hawaii and South Africa.
No corner of the world is too remote in our quest for perfection. If it’s the best, we’ll find it! Then we blend the ingredients gently, with minimal air, so each scoop is dense and creamy for that luxurious lingering taste; and so divine that it takes a longer time to soften into blissful pleasure…making the Häagen-Dazs™ moment truly Anticipated Like No Other™
Crafted for the sophisticated palate, our indulgent flavours and unique creations set us apart: flavors like Macadamia Nut Brittle, Salted Caramel and Strawberry Cheesecake; and our latest innovation Secret Sensations, an exquisite multi-textured creation with a soft heart of sauce inspired by the world’s favorite desserts.
Set up costs range between R 1,500,000 and R1,800,000.00 for a 90-110 square metre Classic Shop. Please note that the set up costs are estimates based on foreign exchange rates (US Dollar and Euro) which may vary.
The set up costs include the following:
- $ 20,000 Single Shop Franchise fee and a refundable $ 5,000 Target Reservation Agreement fee.
- The Target Reservation Agreement fee gives a franchisee exclusive rights to develop a Häagen-Dazs Classic Shop in a single targeted AAA location.
- Franchisees are welcome to find their own location or make use of our global partner. Cushman & Wakefield, who offer global Real- Estate support for Häagen-Dazs Shops.
- Shop development support, i.e. approved architect, plan review and approval, key equipment sourcing, project checklist, critical path follow up and ESP (Environment, Service and Product) pre-opening checklist.
- The Single Shop Franchise fee is renewable every 5 years and subject to change.
This fee covers:
- Equipment/furniture purchases from Italy, United Kingdom and China (where required)
- Local equipment
- Opening Häagen-Dazs ice cream stock purchase
- Packaging material and
- Opening ice cream toppings stock purchase.
To be a Häagen-Dazs franchisee is to challenge yourself to operate an economically viable and socially responsible business in every way possible.
- Staff Training on site
- Shop Managers daily skills training
- Staff Training basic skills training
- Supporting materials such as manuals, videos & guides
- Talent Development training
- Essentials Induction training
- BCE Service Standards training
- Leadership Management training
- A Branded Customer Experience (BCE) delivers:
- Consistent customer service experiences
- Intentional service quality that supports the brand
- Differentiated experiences from our competition
- Valuable service that meets customer needs and exceeds expectations
Mystery Shopper Program Support for BCE
- Measures the quality of the service we provide to our customers
- Evaluates the execution of Expected and STAR Service Behaviors
- Provides feedback and recognition to the business
- Measures whether we are achieving Branded Customer Experience
Becoming a Häagen-Dazs franchisee is all about expressing the desire to undertake and adhere to brand values, strive towards the pursuit of excellence in quality and service delivered to our consumers and be a totally-devoted ”head-over-heels” Häagen-Dazs Connoisseur. The ideal candidate must have sound food and beverage franchise experience.
AAA locations in the following key areas: (High traffic, highly visible, premium site)
- Gauteng: Greater Johannesburg, Greater Pretoria and Centurion
- Western Cape: Camps Bay, Southern Suburbs and Century City
- Kwa-Zulu Natal: Durban North, North Coast and Durban West.
There are currently no success stories.
There are currently no news stories.