Galito’s Franchise for Sale
Galito’s is all about fresh, full flavoured, flame grilled chicken! If you would like to be part of a brand that is all about making customers happy, consistently and one chicken at a time, then make sure you get in touch!
A Turn-Key Investment
The turn-key investment on a standard Galito’s Franchise Restaurant (160 m² to 180 m²) starts at R 1,750,000 excluding VAT. (Please note that this cost may be subject to review, depending on the floor size, initial premises condition and location).
- Initial Franchise Joining Fee
- Restaurant Design and Architect Costs
- Franchisee Assessments Cost and Project Management
- Internal Building Construction from Plumbing and Electrical to Tiling.
- All Operational Equipment
- Furniture and Fittings
- Point of Sale System
- External & Internal Signage and Menu Boards
- Staff Training & Uniforms
Our Galito’s financial model recommends a maximum business gearing of not more than 50%. Therefore, we require potential applicants to have a minimum of R 1 000 000 unencumbered funds (money not secured by any creditor), together with sufficient collateral to secure a business loan for the balance of the required setup cost. A further R300K is recommended for operating capital.
A Galito’s restaurant enjoys a gross profit of 58% (including packaging costs), with expected Return on Sales (ROS) ranging from 18% to 24%, prudently modelled on turnovers of R300 000 to R600 000 respectively.
Franchise Fees: A Royalty of 5 % and a Brand Development Contribution of 3 % of turnover is payable on a monthly basis.
We’re looking to expand in all areas of South Africa (both city and rural markets), namely within the following regions:
- Kwa-Zulu Natal
- Free State
- North West Province
Ideal Store Location
Ideal premises, between 160 m2 to 200 m2, situated in a highly visibly location, (preferably a corner site). Easy pedestrian access with a constant high volume of foot traffic is essential. Sufficient parking would be an added benefit. Many of the top performing Galito’s branches are positioned in an emerging market region.
Training and Support
How we train and support you
We have an extremely practical and effective ‘modular’ training program, to ensure that all staff are more than competently trained and evaluated within their respective work stations. The initial training program is typically conducted over a 6 week period, facilitated by dedicated operations trainers.
Regional Managers, assisted by Regional Kitchen Technicians, provide ad hoc training and weekly support on a variety of issues, ranging from detailed kitchen processes, through to benchmarking and business planning, ensuring that your restaurant operates at its optimum.
An extensive Operations Manual, together with diagrammatic in-store recipe, process and systems cards provide both yourself and your management with quick reference and self-help tools on a wide variety of items.
About Galito’s Franchises
Galito’s Background & History
The Galito’s story began with the first restaurant opening in Nelspruit, Mpumulanga. With a powerful combination of great tasting chicken, passionate service and pride, Galito’s quickly became the Lowveld favourite.
After opening several successfully restaurants within the region, Galito’s decided to share its unique flavour with the rest of South Africa and in 2003, initiated its brand development and franchising journey. It was at this point that Galito’s franchising efforts took off in earnest, opening to huge acclaim in Gauteng, Kwa-Zulu Natal, Limpopo, and Eastern Cape over the next few years.
In recent years Galito’s has spread its wings into Africa – Kenya, Ghana and Senegal, Zambia and Malawi, and further abroad, Canada, United Arab Emirates and India.
Why own a Galito’s Franchise?
Looking for a cracking opportunity? Got a passion for great food & service? Join our fast growing family of entrepreneurs
We provide our customers with good value for money meals that they can trust, knowing that they have a made a “smart” buy. Our brand is fun, honest and down to earth, providing a pleasant alternative in a world of slick and sophisticated food brands.
The ideal franchisee candidate plans to operate his restaurant as an ‘Owner-Managed’ business
The Ideal Qualities required for a Galito’s Franchisee are:
- Motivation, perseverance, maturity and integrity
- Determined and energetic
- Computer literate
- Possess a strong customer focus and the ability to train and facilitate training for staff
The Personal Attributes of a Galito’s Franchisee are:
- Demonstrate certain entrepreneurial skills, yet also show the ability and willingness to be a team player.
- Must consider the business as a long term investment. He/she must show commitment and have a loyal and consistent character.
- Must be a “go-getter” with high energy levels and a strong will to succeed.
- Be people orientated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must have a love for working with people and be capable of gaining and maintaining a rapport with the client base through being friendly, patient and tolerant, yet firm. Must be able to manage others and have good motivational skills.
- The restaurant business often requires long hours and hard work and the franchisee therefore must have the stamina and strength required to operating a Galito’s store.
- A potential Galito’s franchisee need not have any formal qualification, but must have a matric. It is also essential for the candidate to be reasonably computer literate.
- The applicant would need to be credit worthy and have available financial resources